1996 Tahoe Air Conditioner Problems

The air conditioner is blowing warm air. It was proffesionally serviced last year and worked fine. It hasn't worked at all this summer. I thought it had a leak so I added Freon. The freon level appears to be fine. The condensor is cycling at approximately 5 seconds on and off. Could it be a bad thermostat or pressure switch? If so, are they difficult to replace? Any other suggestions?

Reply to
rrs

Do you mean the compressor is cycling on and off? It could still be low on refrigerant. You need to put gauges on the low side to see what the pressure readings are. This will tell you if you are low on refrigerant. Other possibilities is high pressure switch, bad connection at the plug on the compressor, bad switch at the controls in the dash, bad WOT cutoff switch (cuts the compressor off while in the passing mode) and many more possibilities.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge

cutoff

There is the possiblity the the low pressure cutout switch is defective too. He need to get a set of gauge and read the high and low side pressures and see what is going on and the true state of charge but I am thinking that it is still low on freon on this one because it has leaked before.

Reply to
SnoMan