1997 Chevy Silverado 2 Questions Electrical Problem & Intake Manifold Gasket

Truck has 133,000 Vortec 5.0 2 wd Ext cab SB Any one experience this: In warm weather, with a/c on, I hear the signal flasher relay is clicking. When I hit the brakes it stops. Happens randomly ....mostly in the summer. noticed that if i move signal arm on column sometimes it goes away.

Also I 'm having the Intake manifold gasket replaced by a shop. what is a typical/reasonable price? I understand its quite involved. Thanks for any input or advice in advance. I've done all the maint. on this truck since 60,000, this is beyond my skills ..plus its in the teens.

Reply to
RedBowTie

Needs a new turn signal switch.

Labor time is about 4 hours. The good Fel-Pro gasket set retails for about $150.00 Figure $10-$15 for a new heater hose quick connect. New DexCool $36.00 LOF $30.00

At 133K, I'd do the water pump also if it hasn't already been done.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Good time to go through and replace all the cooling system hoses as well.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I'm having intake work done today will repost results and thoughts after a few days driving. I was quoted a price $380.

I changed pump @ 85,000 thanks for advice AAR

Reply to
flotsam35

Just an update... The Intake Manifold gasket job is done price was 440

  • 100 for material (other gaskets, dexcool, synthetic oil , a/c delco filter (Wanted the redesigned gm gasket) which was $ 59.00 @ the dealer. My location is L.I. New York. Everything seems tight. If I was to give anyone some tips make sure their mechanic uses quality parts and don't be shy ....ask questions. 1 thing they messed up was not changing heater hose quick connect...it leaked, then they had to change it. Thanks again for everyones advice.
Reply to
flotsam35