350 gas diesel swap

I have a diesel 350. Can I put 305 heads/manifold/carb to convert 2 gas? Does the cam have 2 change ? Lifters,rods ?

#1. It's not a chevy block so 305 heads won't fit. #2. no, it won't work.
--
Steve Barker

<rem snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
rem snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

That is an Oldsmobile engine NOT a Chevy. It is not possible to convert it to gas since they are entirely different engines. Now if you want to convert to a gas engine you will need to change out the engine, transmission, exhaust system and add in some wiring and emissions parts.
--
Steve W.

That's not entirely true, it can be converted gasoline, drag racers have been doing it for years. How ever it aint going to run on pump gas, unless you change the pistons to lower the compression. And if he stays with an Olds engine, he doesn't have to change the tranny. For that matter he could use a Pontiac or a Caddy engine and bolt to the tranny. The only wiring needed will be a feed from the ignition side of the ignition switch to the distributor. Caddy 472 engines are readily available and there are aftermarket performance parts for them. Also the caddy is lighter than a Chevy big block. would take some fabricating for the motor mounts.
Whitelightning

Huh??
Al

The Diesel version of the Olds 350 had larger main and rod journals, the engine when converted to gasoline was capable of producing 700 hp and staying to together doing it. http://www.popularhotrodding.com/enginemasters/articles/oldsmobile/smallblock/0210Phr_Miller/index.html
is one articled that mentions it. I am not a olds fan, but there was one running a diesel block at the US Street Car Nationals in Brandon Florida in 2005 I think it was ran under 8 secs in a full body Olds Cutlass tipping the scales at 3,400 pounds. You tend to remember things like that when you see them.
Whitelightning.
The 455 olds engine is a bolt in. I believe even the exhaust manifolds will work.
--
Steve Barker

"Whitelightning" < snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net> wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:15:18 -0600, "Steve Barker"

This is a little bigger than the 455, might do the job:
HP: 1050@5500 RPM Torque: 1100 ft-lbs@5000 RPM
http://www.valleycrankshaft.com/666_olds.htm
DJ
That's what _I'M_ talking about!!