relay problem

I have a 1994 chevy 1 ton 454cid. There are a number of relays behind the glove box and one of them keeps going on and off for about 10 sec. when I turn the truck on and when I switch it off.

Any ideas ?

Robert Marshall

Reply to
Robert Marshall

There are two or three relays in a row, correct? Yank the glove box, get a visual, and figure out which one is making the noise, then we can tell you what the relay is for.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Rmal

Turns out it isn't a relay at all. It's a vent trying to opperate, the one that gives you max AC. I really don't want to get in to it but I guess I will. Thanks Doc

Robert Marshall

"Doc" wrote:

Reply to
Robert Marshall

you probably have a bad check valve in the line from the intake to the vacuum reservoir

it's a little black-and-white do-be-joob about the diameter of a quarter, about 3/8 inch thick, with a hose off each side

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

94' recirc doors and vent doors were electrical weren't they?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"