1998 Astro

I have a 1998 Astro will a 4.3 vortec engine. On our coldest morning

-10 degrees, engine would not start. It has always had a problem starting. Have to floor the van to make it start. On this morning it would not start at all. This engine has 257,000 miles on it. I bought the truck knowing that it had a bad motor. I know replaced the motor with a 2001 Chevy 4.3 Vortec, it still will not start. After I thought I was out of time. I timed the engine. And now I am worse off then when I started. I can get very little fire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Toadd3

Check fuel pressure-key on, pump hum 2 seconds and you should have

60ish psi. Pump stop hummung after 2 seconds now you should have 54ish psi. If you have 50psi or thereabouts(esp. lower)there is your problem. This part more than likely was not replaced when the engine swap was done thus the re-occuring problem. Check fuel pressure. Good luck snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com-make sure the vehicle is checked on the cold mornings that the vehicle won't start-sounds temperature related

Reply to
blazerman