1988 S10 no wipers.....everything worn out

My wipers and washer stopped working and turning the switch only results in a buzzing noise. Used a multimeter to determine that both the wiper motor and the pulse board module are shot. The turn signal lever had a lot of play in it due to age and wear, and sometimes after using my turn signal, the wipers would activate by themselves for one swipe. I just replaced the wiper motor and this weekend will be replacing the pulse board module, turn signal lever, wiper switch and turn signal switch. Is there anything else I should consider replacing? I only have a Haynes manual and it doesn't show the turn signal side of the exploded column at all and it didn't even show the wiper motor. Is there anything I should know about replacing the wiper switch or is there somewhere on the web that would have step-by-step replacement instructions or photos of the entire steering column exploded view? Thanks!

Reply to
Steve Keller

very rare both motor and pulse board are shot. I'd be curious if you went back and changed just the pulse module if that would do it. I realize that to get the whole picture you would have to pull the new motor off and re-install the old but....Anyway, even now if you put the pulse module in your new motor do you have satisfactory wiper operation? Reason I ask is I have owned more than a thousand old body style blazers and many of these had the 'fanthom sweep' of the wipers occasionally-I've done the stalk lever and mating switch and never solved the problem. So in conclusion, not sure if you have proper wiper operation now and you're now going after the occasional wiper sweep-don't know if the switch and or stalk lever will do it but keep me(us) informed if you do solve it. Double check the ground near the wiper motor as I have seen them give issues-in fact if they do not work right now that would be the next thing I'd check. good luck- snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

On Jan 24, 12:35 am, "Steve Keller" wrote:

Reply to
blazerman