1998 Front Brakes Lock

Hi, lately my 1998 truck's front brakes have been locking up when pressed. The front wheels won't turn until you bleed them down. Any idea what might cause this? I haven't owned the truck for too long, only about a month.

Thanks, Travis

Reply to
Travis Ogden

Brake light switch adjusted wrong, not allowing pedal to return all the way partially blocking compensating ports in master cylinder, or something else binding the linkage. next time it happens back master cylinder mounting bolts off 2 or 3 turns and see if wheels free up. Oh and which 98 truck do you own, they don't all have the same brake system. Other possibilities are bad brake hoses, (but both at same time unlikely) problem with the anti lock system, gummed up combi valve, bad master, problem with power booster.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning