Nissan truck brakes: When slowing down the brake suddenly catches and jerks the car.

Hello, I have acquired a '97 Nissan pick up (manual) and have noticed something strange when I slow down. The truck does not shake when driving or when stoping. Sometimes when I am slowing down to a complete stop it seems the wheels catch on something and my truck suddenly stops. It only occurs during very very low speed, as I am coming to a complete stop. Always about 1 feet before the projected stopping spot.

The truck has been sitting around undriven for a while so I think it might be rust on the rotor. I don't think it's the transmission, to test this I have come to a complete stop in neutral and the jerking still occurs.

I plan to check this out this weekend and I was wondering if there should be anything else I should keep an eye out for while I am inspecting the brakes. Possibly brake pads that are too loose.

Reply to
rauldejesus

Hello, I have acquired a '97 Nissan pick up (manual, 4x2) and have noticed something strange when I slow down. The truck does not shake when driving or when stoping. Sometimes when I am slowing down to a complete stop it seems the wheels catch on something and my truck suddenly stops. It only occurs during very very low speed, as I am coming to a complete stop. Always about 1 feet before the projected stopping spot.

The truck has been sitting around undriven for a while so I think it might be rust on the rotor. I don't think it's the transmission, to test this I have come to a complete stop in neutral and the jerking still occurs.

I plan to check this out this weekend and I was wondering if there should be anything else I should keep an eye out for while I am inspecting the brakes. Possibly brake pads that are too loose.

Reply to
rauldejesus

Check for warped rotors...

Professor

Professor

You'ld better check to see if you have a leaky cyl or axle seal . My bet is , you have fluid on the rear lining . Will

Reply to
will350