HELP! C4500 Kodiak Vibration and the Dealer can't figure it out.

My Parents bought a Chevy C4500 Kodiak (2.5 Crew Cab w/ Chariot Bed) to tow their trailer that holds their sand buggies. This was 7 months ago. The vehicle has had a violent vibration from the passenger front area since purchase. This happens around 60 to 65 loaded or unloaded.

After numerous tire changes, laser aligns, loaded aligns and then the dealer not knowing and telling my parents they would no longer warranty the vehicle to go some where else (and changing all the service records to prevent a lemon law activation) we are stuck with a quandary of what to look at.

I myself have asked them to check the balance on the rotor or just replace it, as the vibration has to be rotational and it is the only peice that has not been messed with. I have also been told to check for a sticking caliper. This we have looked for and not found.

Any other ideas? Anyone else heard of or seen this issue? Know a fix?

Feel free to email me directly or reply in group thanks.

Reply to
Kenner Costen

well all i have to say is this and i am not a mech. if your parents saved all the paper work from each visit, let the dealer change the paper work, as long as your parents have the computer print out on the service work order. i am sure that something can be done to the dealer, have they tried going to corp. office?

Reply to
Charles H.

They have had the Western Region Chevy Service Manager in the vehicle. The print outs my parents received never mention "vibration" the original service papers (the dealer calls them the whites) where you write down your complaint etc. all designate it. These whites have come up missing at the Deaker. After a phone call and Email to the Board of Regents for GM, we now have a gentleman from there who is over service complaints coming into Las Vegas to speak with the Dealer.

Reply to
Kenner Costen

Everything else could be perfect but if your tires aren't true (perfectly round) then you're going to have a vibration no matter what. Find a truck service center that trues tires and have them check it out.

Cheers - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Race

Had them all dial checked, even had Firestone and Mitchellin on each of their sets check them. I wish my 4x4 had such great tires on them.

Reply to
Kenner Costen