2001 Suburban problems?

I am considering purchasing a 2001 Suburban LT with the 5.3L. What mechanical problems are common on this generation? Will be towing 5000lb travel trailer.

Thanks Ray

Reply to
Ray

I have a 2001 burb LS with the 5.3L. Have just under 50k so far with no problems. We also have a 2000 Silverado with the 4.8L and about 68k on it and no problems there either. I tow a 19' bowrunner with an I/O that weighs around 4k loaded, and have no problem with either vehicle, though I do prefer towing with the truck over the burb...feels more stable and visibility is much better with the truck. But, the burb has more power and can comfortably carry more people, so I have been towing with it more and more...

Hope this helps,

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff