towing capacity - 1998 3.4liter 4runner

I am considering buying a travel trailer (nothing specific yet) and am wondering what the towing capacity is on my 4runner?

Thanks!

Reply to
tlf

Believe its rated at 3500lbs. Add the supercharger if you need another 70 HP.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I think the towing capacity on my 2001 4Runner is about 5,000 lbs, but I have a 7,000 lb GVW trailer that I have been hauling up and down I-25 in Colorado at 75 MPH with no problems. The trailer is 1,500 lbs empty, but I load it up to 5,000-7,000 lbs at times and it pulls it just fine up and down the hills at 5,000-7,000 feet. I'm quite impressed with the 4Runner. Will install a transmission cooler soon because I think it needs it for these loads.

Reply to
Earl Wallace

if you have the tow package its 5000 lbs without its 3500 lbs..

Reply to
stkd16z6