2001 Yukon XL automatic transmission solenoid

My Yukon will not shift into First Gear I believe it is the transmission solenoid and I want to replace it but I am not sure where it is, can someone please help me

Thanks

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Snap On/Mitchell on Demand can. I think you have to sign a year lease and then pay them somewhere in the neighborhood of $200 or more a month. That's what I do. Or, you could buy a good transmission book from someone like Transtar

bought Axiom Automotive Technologies. They used to have online catalogs with diagrams of all internal parts. If the transmission is not working right you should check to see if GM has released any tsb's covering this issue. You should also have the pcm scanned to see if there are diagnostic codes indicating a direction for diagnosing the problem.

Just buying a solenoid and installing may not produce any results. If the transmission has been recently serviced the problem could be that a solenoid got damaged by a careless technician, I've seen it more than once.

nobody #1

Reply to
nobody #1