2003 Silverado steering wheel removal

Are there special tools required to remove this steering wheel? I've pulled lots of steering wheels but on they were on cars before airbags.

Thanks for any help.

Reply to
Mark Schroeder

A steering wheel puller,

and a lock plate depressor. Ian can correct me if I'm wrong?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

I know I need a wheel puller, what about getting the airbag/horn cover off? I can't find any screws. Should I remove the fuse for the airbag?

I won't need a lock plate depressor to get the wheel off, right? That's for going deeper. I have the tool, but don't see why I'd need it.

Reply to
Mark Schroeder

The screws for the airbag/horn cover:

are in behind the steering wheel.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Only Ian can correct you? What's up with that?

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Obviously:

He has a far more superior brain than you and much more class than you, as do Doc and Trans Surgeon.

You on the other hand, are a cultureless Phillestine, and I refuse for the back yard mechanic, excuse me, that was a compliment. I refuse for the shithouse mechanic types like you to classify yourselves with me.

Thank you,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

Nah you just remind me of a big old mutt that runs around chasing his master with his tail tucked between his legs. Your always looking for approval or a compliment from the guru's of the auto news groups. See that year of psychology I took did pay off!

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

Them thars fightin werds.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

He's plonked!

No need to waste time, energy or spit on that moron!

Thank you,

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

So you're taking advice from KJ now.......................lol! Bob

in

Reply to
Bob

Yes, because I offered 'advice' on the highest plain of intellectualism.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

"NoSpam" wrote

Well, there was a mistake there, so go ahead and correct him...it doesn't bother me.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

It was not meant as any disrespect to you. Just rattling the old suck asses cage that's all. And he can't help but fall for it every time. ;-)

nospam

Reply to
NoSpam

"NoSpam" wrote

Not taken as any disrespect. There are plenty of other posters on this newsgroup who know as much as I do or more. It never hurts my feelings when they provide the information that a poster is looking for.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

Reply to