2003 suburban "service 4wd" indicator

Folks: I'm new to big trucks,and new to 4 X 4's. I got that indicator on my instrument panel and now none of the 2wd, 4high, 4low lights are on-- drives just the same as before.

What does this likely mean? Vehicle's got 75k on it. Thanks Friends!

Reply to
Carlton Clay

I know it is a common problem-- but no one will touch this one??

Reply to
Carlton Clay

No one to discuss this one?

Reply to
Carlton Clay

It's probably because it's already been discussed a million times. Can't you take the time to do some research on Google and find all the old discussions?

And "what does this likely mean" is far too vague. With new vehicles...the first step in the diagnosis is going to be hooking up a scan tool. Unfortunately, most people realize this, and realize it's going to cost money...and are hoping that the resident crystal ball gazers have their "balls" polished up. While this would be cool, it rarely works out this way. Diagnostics...my man....that's where it has to start, even for the pro's.

Oh shit....my crystal ball just fired up. Might need a reflash, might need a switch.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ian, Would a 2002 Blazer have those same problems with the module if it doesn't have the auto4X4? The new rig has the 2hi/4hi/4lo switch. I know the 2002 P/U and Trailblazers have been having problems but I thought that was with the auto 4X4 units, would that be correct?

So far it has been a reasonably solid rig, just had to fix the outer window seals on the front doors because they were loose, no clips or nothing? just little plastic tabs that are supposed to stick in the slots in the door panel? They now have trim tape in a few spots inside. I want to meet the guy who decided the placement of that remote filter. Nice little hatch to get to it as well. Just need to figure out how the antitheft on the radio works when I get a chance. One part of the book says it's the older theftlok with security code and the other part says it can be VIN coded. Guess I'll push some buttons and see what I get.

Oh if you get a chance and see a GM rep. could you please beat him/her over the head with the dinky little jack they include now... Talk about an insult...

Thanks.

Reply to
Steve W.

The Blazer's with the three button switch do have a computer module that controls the t/case, but it's not on the "bus" with the other modules the way the auto t/case is. You have to pull codes the old fashion way by grounding a terminal and watching flashing lights. There are still problems, just not the same kind of problems.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

About what I figured. Thanks. Still waiting on a service manual for the beast.

Steve W.

Reply to
Steve W.