98 GMC Jimmy Heater Core

98 GMC Jimmy heater core is plugged.

Before I attempt to do this repair I would like to ask how hard it is to do. Do I need to remove the dash? I have a bad shoulder and I am not sure its something I can do.

TIA

Reply to
Tim & Linda

With a bad shoulder you dont wanna try this, take it to a dealer or someone you can trust.

Reply to
Adam

Did you try to back wash it Tim? If you have to replace it, you'll probably want to take it to a garage or a friend if your shoulder won't allow you to bend into impossible positions.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I did the flush as best I could. I have not taken to a shop for a flush.

I have had rotator surgery twice in the past year and its torn again. The doctor said the tissue is dead and will never heal. I have pain most the time. I guess this is not something I will try to do. Money is really short with not working in 16 months and Social Security denied my case. Nearly 65% get denied the first time. I am waiting my appeal.

Reply to
Tim & Linda

Can tell you about a 94 Blazer S-10 version.

The GM service manual says to entirely remove the instrument panel. I found a way to do this without removing the electrical cabling etc at the drivers side in order to access the heater core. Everything else does have to go. This gave me enough free rein to pull the instrument panel out on the passenger side and move up and down to facilitate replacement of the heater core.

Got the heater core out yesterday afternoon. Found that the replacement was too deep and wide to fit. Gave Autozone a call, they said the one they sold me was for a S-10, not a Blazer S-10. Don't think you'll run into that problem though.

Reply to
Jim