Some questions hopefully answered

Hi folks.

I am posting this information purely for the purpose of hopefully someone finding it when searching for it, as I sure had trouble finding it when needed.

Problem 1:

ABS/TC/HDC warning lights on. This started intermittently and nearly always happened at the same time every day or after a specific journey length. It wasn't until the "3 amigos" stayed on, even when starting cold in the morning, I thought I should have it investigated by the local Land Rover dealer.

As quoted from the report: front and rear disc pads low and rear discs undersize also shuttle valve switches failure fitted new front and rear pads and new rear disc rotors, and fitted new shuttle valve switches

Total cost AUD1,265.00 including Kit Valve Modulator at AUD108.00

Someone suggested it could have been dirty ABS sensors which I cleaned but that wasn't the problem. Fortunately it wasn't an ABS Modulator as I believe that would have been around AUD5,000.00 + labour. Repaired & no further issues.

Problem 2:

Serious engine/body vibration, particularly between 2250 & 2500RPM

As quoted from the report: replaced engine mounts

Total cost AUD825.00 Repaired & no further issues.

Problem 3:

M/S/Check Engine warning lights on when seeking serious acceleration at approx. 3000/3500RPM. LED "D" (Drive) indicator on dash panel flashes and red indicator light on gear lever consol flashes. Engine cuts to idle. Turning off and then on rectified the issue only to happen again under serious power.

As quoted from the report: traced fault code for pedal sensor replaced pedal sensor

This I believe was replaced with a 3 track unit as opposed to the original 2 track..??

Total cost AUD370.00 Repaired & no further issues.

A rather expensive 6 weeks...and that's NOT including:

2 x rear air springs (AUD1,871.00) 2 x valve blocks/compressor (1,041.00) new windscreen washer system (AUD190.00) set of new tyres....next week

It's all running like a dream....!!!

Vehicle is a 1999 Discovery Series II TD5 with 194,000klm on the clock. Work carried out in June/July 2007.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Cheers.

Ric Norris. Brisbane. Australia.

Reply to