3 Wire O2 Sensor VS 1 Wire O2

Well, it's time for the annual crap shoot that is my emissions testing here in Texas. Every year my 91 passes, but some years are more expensive than others.

I only drive my 91 ~ 1000 miles a year now, mostly on bad weather days, so I don't REALLY mind doing what it takes to pass, but it would be nice to not have to worry about it.

The truck is a 91 Silverado with a GM crate replacement 5.7L with about 25k miles on it. I bought it used like this from a friend. The truck has ~260k on it and runs great, but the former owner lived in a county with no emissions on it. He put on long tube headers, with true duals. It has dual cats on it and a single O2 sensor. I think that the O2 sensor is too far away from the motor with the long tubes on it and would like to replace the

1 wire unheated O2 with a 3 wire (heated) O2 sensor. Is this as simple as providing 12V and a ground and splicing the 3rd wire in?
Reply to
Troy Sigwing