305 knockin

"Full of oil", I guess you mean "submerge the crank and bearings" in oil? lol B

Reply to
Battleax

Bwahahahahahaha!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Oh this one takes the cake! You just keep getting more and more ignorant as time progresses. If the crankshaft is submerged in oil, why in god's name does it have oil passages in it?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Confused,

In case you haven't realized it yet, Eee Eee is a complete jackass and hasn't the faintest idea what he's talking about, so I would advise you to just ignore anything and everything he's told you. Sounds to me like you have a worn set of main and rod bearings. The factory oil pressure guage is inaccurate as hell, and I would highly recommend hooking a mechanical guage to the motor and getting a "real" oil pressure reading.

After it's warmed up and is sitting at about 1/4 of the guage (15 psi), when you bring the revs up to 2,000 RPM or so, how high does the oil pressure guage go? Does pressure increase with RPM?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"Eee Eee" wrote

He'll need "lots" of luck with your advice.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_Kai

can you just imagine the power required to turn a crank submerged in oil at 32F? every car'd have to have dual 1100CCA batteries and gear reduction starters!

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

I had a buddy that submerged his Geo Metro crank in oil once.....added about

5 quarts to an engine that was .5 quarts low......and wondered why it started smoking and stalling when he tried to drive it...........I don't think I've ever laughed that hard in my life....

:-)

JC

Reply to
JC

Remember that advice next time you buy a used vehicle. I REALLY hope someone pulls that shit on you some time. Bob

Reply to
Bob

now now doc, lets not blow a head gasket here. i'm only here to help ppl that you can't. btw...i'd like to go in partnership with you and start marketing your new stethoscope (5 ft garden hose). i can see it now, all the dealerships could buy us out beings they've never used one b 4 lol.

Reply to
Eee Eee

=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net went (Eee=A0Eee) all the home.....after confessing his only real worth to the NG with this little admission of self-worth.........

now now doc, lets not blow a head gasket here. i'm only here to help ppl that you can't.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Paddle Boy, if'n that's all yer here for.......

you can go home now.

Need directions?......cuz I hit a few buttons my WebTV....and guess what.....

Want yer Phone # too....???

00 L O

oh yeah.....one more thing.....you really should find a better job, so's you can get out of that neighborhood....that Zip Code looks bad on a credit report.

Marsh Monster ~is gonna send you land mail~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D Re: 305 knockin Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Feb 18, 2004, 8:38pm (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (Brad=A0Rollins)

It's getting ready to throw a rod. Probably less than 1000 miles left in that motor. Better sell it quick to somebody. Put really thick oil in it so they won't hear it when they test drive it.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Brad, sell it to PingPOng the Paddle Boy.......

like minds ought'a work togeather.

He's sell'n crap, want'n people to buy it too.

marshmunster ~lights his pipe, and waits fer duh shroom juice to cool to room temp~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

That would be the day!!

I'm sure most dealership techs use a stethoscope... I do, but lacking that a plain old hose works pretty well. Bob

Reply to
Bob

It's getting ready to throw a rod. Probably less than 1000 miles left in that motor. Better sell it quick to somebody. Put really thick oil in it so they won't hear it when they test drive it.

Reply to
Brad Rollins

Hell yeah, how ignorant was that? What goes around comes around.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

=3D=3D =3D=3D HEY......... PingPOng Paddle ........

I wuz drink'n some shroom juice ........ and got me this really weird idea.

what if...........

I shook my head really fast for bout 10 minutes and then tried reading yer post........

you know.......kinda like play'n a Beatles Album backwards to git the hidden message.....

so.........

I drank me about 2 big arse glasses of that shroom juice.....lit me up some special blend.... and started shake'n my head really...really hard and fast.......

can't say it wuz 10 minutes fer shure..... but seemed like 10......

any whooo.......

when i got thru shake'n up my brain cells real good.....i read yer post......

and here's how it came out ........

MarshMonster ~used only yer words...added none...and thinks he used them all...but then again.. he needs to wait till the shrooms wear off to be sure~

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D a plutora of self descriptives, of snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eee=A0Eee)

(in all his own words.....as seen through the eyes of a torrid mushed munster) (keep in mind...no words have been added)

u each should listen .

hose stupid, hahahhahahahhaaaa!!!

3 others are

what a DUMB crank bearing

probably find some loose marbles.

and anything u hear is gona sound like its com'n from a dorkieo always submerged in oil.

another,because sheesh the top answer sounds like he doesn't alot those brain devices.

to the doc- listening

if ya's have to remedy me use 1 garden hose.

:)

LoL ...huh =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D hey paddle boy...... wuddn't dat jest kool as shit??? kinda weird....aye???

want some shroom juice....so's you can try??

marsh ~for those of you interested....here's his original post....~ =3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D Re: 305 knockin (Mush-Monster) Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Wed, Feb 18, 2004, 7:58am (CST+1) From: snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Eee=A0Eee)

a garden hose! r u that stupid? hahahhahahahhaaaa!!! anything u hear is gona sound like its com'n from the top because the crank and bearings are always submerged in oil. sheesh, what a DUMB answer. sounds like another doc-dorkieo remedy to me. doesn't he use those listening devices alot:) u 3 should listen to each others brain if ya's have 1. probably find some loose marbles. garden hose huh... LoL =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I wuz drink'n some shroom juice ........ and got me this really weird idea.

what if...........

Funny thing is, the only way Eee Eee can hear himself think is to shove that garden hose up his ass and put the other end to his ear!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Now Doc that's not true at all, he doesn't need that hose since his head is already up his ass.....he can hear himself think just fine! Of course he still has shit fer brains. Bob

Reply to
Bob

yes the oil pressure comes back up to half way on the gauge(30 psi?)

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

I stand corrected.....he he he he he

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

And if memory serves you can set it to include original or not.

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ