6.2 Pickup Fuel Injection problem

Ok, Simple enough question.. How in the hell do you represserize your Fuel injection system from a 6.2 liter after losing its presser?

Reply to
Squee

Hi!

Did you run out of fuel?

I had that happen one day on my '84 Sierra (with the 6.2) when my little brothers came along and flipped the fuel tank switch to the empty tank.

Sure enough, going down a road in town it stalled out. I switched immediately to the other tank and just cranked it over till it started and stayed running. That took a bit to do, but I gave the starter plenty of time to rest between attempts. As far as I know it never harmed anything...the truck still runs and starts fine.

For a while after that the accelerator pedal was touchy and the truck tended to "surge" a bit. I suppose maybe that was air in the fuel lines or something.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh