87 S-10 alternator

Is there one of those mid year changes on an 87 S-10 Blazer? Friend I am helping fix his Blazer bought the wrong alternator. He went to Advance to get it, and it does not fit. The mounts are like 6 o'clock, and 1 o'clock. Instead of 12 o'clock, and 6.

This one has the flat belt, not the v belt style.

Reply to
Bill

Take it back. They gave you an alternator that is "clocked" wrong. The mounts are set (clocked) like the numbers on a clock face and this one is obviously wrong for that application.

/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?@@@@@@@@@@?/?/?/?/?/?/?/?/ You should never confuse the issue by injecting the truth. ~ unknown ~

Reply to
James Fedorawicz

They gave you one for a newer engine. Next time open the box and verify before leaving the store. If it is wrong they may need to update the data in the computer.

Reply to
Steve W.

Turns out the previous owner changed out an 87 alternator for an 85. All I had to do was swap the pulley.

Reply to
Bill