93 Chevy, Silverado, SNB, 350, ??trans

Hey Guys My Daughter called me today & said the reverse is out in her 93, 1/2 ton & she said that a wrench up there where she lives told her she needed a new trans. I've got a Turbo 400 out of my old TransAm (i think it was a 78 or so,, i just got it for the motor) & wuz wondering if it'll fit. I told her to measure the length & she called back & said her husband (n*****ts) measured 31&3/4". MyTH400 is about 33". I have the yoke & a new set of the bastard U-joints for the 400 yoke to a conventional Chevy. Will it work in her truck?? I haven't seen her trans but I drove it once & I know it has the overdrive, like , low, 2nd,dr, & OD. Will it work or does she have wunna those 700r4 or whatever those are with the OD ??? I know one thing,, her husband had better stay out of it from now on !! Help me out on this one will ya, or do I need to go to the Pontiac NG ? Regards Rick The Tranny numbers are on the top of the tailshaft & are ; 8627402 CFD 1-H Thanks again

Reply to
Rick

Tim Long

Wasn't 94 the first year for electronically controlled transmissions in trucks?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I think '92 was the first year for that. The trans in my '93 is electronic.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell

'91 for the 4L80E.... '93 for the 4L60E

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

actually, there was an overlap of 700R4 and 4L60E

some early 93's had 700's.

Reply to
TranSurgeon