93 silverado ignition

No matter what I do the ignition will not turn to start the truck. Anyone got any ideas to get it started so that I can get it to a garage and replaced. I don't have the tools to do it myself.

----------------------------------------------------- users trucks from this group listed below

Michael McNeil

Do you mean the key will not physically turn or that the starter will not turn?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

This just happened to my truck last week after sitting for 2 months. Spray the hell out of it with "liquid wrench",slide the key in and out,turn the cylindar back and forth and keep spraying. Best ...Brian O.

Reply to
Brian Orion

Perhaps its as simple as the key is wore out, and a new one needs to be cut? Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

tried that. nope.

Well tore the column apart tody and found that it wasn't the tumblers itself as first thought but the ignition switch itself that is the cause of the problem.