95 S10 Tensioner Assembly

Ok, so I stop my truck and hear my tensioner assembly shoot off. Looks like all I need is a new bolt to fit the hole. So I go to Home Depot and buy the wrong type of bolt which promptly breaks off in my assembly. After breaking bits and an extractor off inside after messing with it the past four days, I wonder...can I just remove the damn thing to get it drilled out? Right now I've got it held on with C-clamps which has saved me from having to tow, but of course it won't last forever. There's a buddy at work who's a machinist and willing to drill it out and rethread if necessary, but I can't find anything about if I can remove the thing in the first place. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
rhus

If it is like my '94 2.2L 4cyl. the aluminum tensioner assembly is bolted to the passenger side of the block just in front of the filter with 3 bolts. Pretty easy to get off once you find the bolts. BTW, I had to replace my tensioner twice in 200K miles. They just wear out and come apart.

Reply to
t_puls

Thanks bud. Looked that way to me, but things haven't been goin too hot for me and I wanted to double check first. I've seen the three bolts so I'll get on that now. Appreciate it.

Reply to
rhus