96 dodge wheels on Chevy?

My grandfather just got in an accident in is 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 and pretty much totaled the truck. The thing is that he just recently put new tires on it and the insurance agency said that he could switch out those tires for any other ones as long as it has wheels. Now I own a 1995 Chevy C1500 by any chance would I be able to use the wheels off his Dodge?

Justin

Reply to
Justin Spencer

Measure the bolt pattern and offset. If they match, then yes.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

The insurance agent said tires. If the tires are the same size, like

15", 16",and so on, they will fit other like rims. The rims themselves may not fit. Call a tire store or two and measure as well. Better yet, just try one. If you have to switch just the tires that will cost you mounting, balancing, etc.
Reply to
Al Bundy

if it is the wheels and not just the tires. Are they Factory or custom wheels on the Dodge? If they do line up, factory Dodge wheels may look a little silly on a Chevy IMO. If they are Custom aftermarket wheels and fit I think you got a good thing going....

Have a Great One ! Bob :)

Reply to
Bob Perkins JustaBenz

Nope, the Dodge 5-lug pickups used a 5.5" bolt pattern (I believe). They will interchange with Ford pickups but not Chevys. Chevy 5 lug pickups were a 5" bolt pattern.

If you were talking 8 lug rims, then yes they would fit. All the 8 lug patterns are the same. Only difference is the center hole on stock chevy rims is smaller. So Dodge and Ford will fit chevy, but chevy won't fit dodge and ford.

-Tony

Reply to
Tony Kimmell