97 chevy blazer rear end check

How can would I know if the rear end on my Blazer is going bad? Someone gave me a tip to check it because of the sound, but also added that some tired will make noise too. What do I need to look for? Does the transmission could make that kind of sound too? [a bad tranny] thanks

Reply to
Gunes

How can would I know if the rear end on my Blazer is going bad? Someone

Reply to
David Rennick