97 Suburban Tail Light - HELP

I'm trying to change my burned out right rear brake light/turn signal bulb on my '97 Suburban and have no clue on how to get to the bulb. Is there any 'how to' sites available that anyone knows about that would cover this?

I removed part of the inside panel and could see the rear AC/Heater blower motor but no access to the right rear lighting system and it clearly has to be unbolted/unscrewed from the inside as there are no external screws accessible from the outside. I looked underneath and same thing - nothing (no access to any screws). I also went to autozone.com and they don't have an online manual for that particular year & model and I'd love to purchase a manual that had good illustrations and step by step on how to get at this. Totally frustrating...

Sorry for being so wordy - pretty frustrated after spending quite a bit of time trying to get to a $3 bulb. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks, John

Reply to
jcage

Augustus

I'll look again tomorrow. Don't recall seeing the rubber plugs it mentions. Almost if that was the instructions for a pickup. I'll look again though and thanks very much...

Reply to
jcage