Access to Tail Light on Suburban 1999

Have a Suburban 1999 LT 2500 with a tail light out on the driver side. I can't seem to figure out how to gain access to the bulb to replace it? Any hints or ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Scott N. Weber

open rear doors and look for two black plastic plugs along the post where the lens is located. Pop the plugs out and remove the philip screws, then roll the lens away from the body.

Reply to
WBucha

I will try that, thanks.

Reply to
Scott N. Weber

Reply to
jimauto

...and try to not drop the screws! They are gone forever if you do! One of mine dropped when replacing the freakin' light board for the second time in two years.....

Reply to
Kevin

I took the two screws out and the unit did seem to loosen but it won't come off. If seems like it is stuck along the opposite end of where the screws came out (side of vehicle). Should I force it? Almost seems like something might break if I do.

Reply to
Scott N. Weber

I just kept wiggling mind till I could feel it break lose.If you want to be sure you don't lose any screws when you put it back together are take them back out in the future get a magnitic screw driver and cut out a little peace of cardboard are plastic peace that i can bend into the hole and under the screw, so if it falls it will land on the cardboard.

Reply to
kdm

OK, Thanks!!!

Reply to