98 S-10 Misfire

I have a 98 S-10 2.2L 5 speed manual with 65,000 miles on it. I have had a misfire for about 3 months. I have changed spark plugs, wires and both coils. I have a misfire under a load. It hapens about 2500

- 3000 rpm. I am not sure what to do next. Can anyone help before I get RAKED over the coals from the dealership or a repair shop?!?! Thanks

Reply to
Dan

Are you getting cylinder specific misfire codes or just a generic misfire code?

Regardless, first thing I'd do is run some Chevron Techron thru the gas tank. Migtht be a clogged or dirty injector that isn't able to keep up with the fuel demands under load.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I don't have a code reader (yet), and the only gas that has ever gone into my truck is Chevron. Thanks for the help!!

Reply to
Dan

I wasn't talking about gas, Chevron Techron is a fuel additive (injector cleaner).

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"