99 S-10 hesitates when AC is on.

My 99 S-10 4 cyl has a serious problem with hesitataions when the air is running. This will occur slightly with the air off, but almost makes the truck undriveable with the air on. This problem has been getting progressively worse.

Oddly enough in the morning when it is cooler, there are no signs of even the slight problem when hitting the gas.

I've notice in the last week or so, there is a slight whine when driving with the AC on.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
John