99 Suburban Tranny missing a gear

Vehicle will shift fine from one to two. When it goes into drive, nothing. Just like being in neutral. If I back off the gas and let it go into OD, then it will shift and move on down the road OK. 4l60E tranny. I don't know anything of the history other than it has 110k on the Odometer, no towing. The fluid was recently changed, and was overdue when it was. The owner tells me he was told that it wasn't burnt and had nothing unusual about it. I am hoping that something washed into one of the solenoids and I can clean/replace it and get him on down the road without a complete rebuild. Any such hope?

Reply to
John Alt

You might start by having any diagnostic troubles codes scanned. At least the shift solinoids are easy to replace. Actually you can swap them and see if 1-2 shift is crappy.

Respectfully submitted,

Loren Knighton Woodland, CA.

Under the hood since 1964 Member TRNI IATN

BACKNCARDR

thanks, I'll give it a try.

Reply to
John Alt