A.I.R. pump on '02 S-10

Trying to figure out how the computer knows the AIR pump is not running on startup on my '02 S-10. The AIR pump motor is bad because of the exhaust gases that condensed in the housing with the rubber cap via the check valve that is surely leaking. I THINK the O2 sensor is ratting out the AIR pump to the computer. Anyone know if this is how it works? Thanks, Pete

Reply to
Pete

By monitoring the oxygen sensor signal.

Reply to