AC flapper valve keeps flapping

96 Silverado 305 2wd man tranny My air diverter flapper that is controlled by the recirc button seems to have lost its limit switch that tells the actuator to stop. It keep "clacking" after it repositions in either position. It is quite irritating! I had to pull the A/C fuse to get it to stop. How do I fix this? Is it a real PITA? Or, something easy? Any special tools needed? Is it a common problem?

Thanx Mike

Reply to
Michael Copeland

Update.... It is the flapper by the blower motor. The actuator does not seem to have enough power and keeps trying to reposition the flap. Is this actuator hard to change? Mike

Reply to
Mike Copeland
  1. Easiest way to stop the noise is get it in the position you want it(PITA), then disconnect the electrical connector and forget about it. I set mine at about 3/4 fresh, 1/4 recirc. No problems. Replacement is a MAJOR PITA. Good wrenching, Tim sends

Reply to
Tim

Thx for the reply Tim. I have found that if I give it a little help it will seat and stay w/o noise. I think the actuator has lost a littl strength for whatever reason and just can't get the flapper far enough to a fully seated position. I will play with it some more, but for now I have stopped that noise. It was REALLY irritating! Mike .

Reply to
Mike Copeland