Advanced Auto Customer Service

Just for the record...

Over the past month I have been to two Advanced Auto stores in my area

2-3 times and made several calls to both of stores trying to get 20 lug studs and nuts for my '92 S-10 (5 each X 4 tires). Neither store could get 20 of them so I sent an email to Advanced Auto through the web site.

I know I could have ordered them online but picking them up locally makes more sense to me than paying shipping.

Anyway, this Saturday I got a call from the regional manager who apologized and discussed the matter candidly with me. He is promising to personally get my parts in the store of my choice and give me a "confirmation call" when they are in this week.

If this works out I'd say that is great customer service and he has saved them a customer.

YMMV

Reply to
Drumstick

I prefer Advanced Auto for many reasons, customer service being one of them. NAPA folks tend to be more knowledgeable, but also tend to be a bit on the rude side. Autozone staff are well.....................Autozone staff, he he he he.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

I think Napa ppl can be rude because they're more interested in the wholesale end of parts rather than sell it to the sometimes clueless DIY. when I go there, I usually use my uncle's business acct and pay cash. I was greatly dismayed however when I walked into NAPA the other day and they had a whole wall of racer-boy garbage in a brand new display. I used AA alot when I lived in KY.... there's only one within 20 miles of my house now (3 NAPA's though :-) ). I'll probably go back to using AA when I move back down to KY in the fall.

-Bret

though... the only thing that sucks about moving is I can't use my bud's lift in his garage or his employee discount anymore...

Reply to
Bret Chase

My AZ doesn't know a lick about rigs but know how to keep me happy. I figure it isn't their job to know my truck anyays, just get me what I want and be open when I'm not in work....

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ

my biggest bitch about AZ (other than crappy parts quality) is that all the sales drones are a slave to the almighty computer.. a while back I walked in and said "give me 8 AC CR43TS spark plugs"... the drone runs over to a terminal and says "year, make, model please".... I jusr shake my head and say "it's irrelevant, I *want* eight CR43TS spark plugs please".... after about 4 rounds of this he finally walked out back and got what I wanted.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Mine would have gone out back first time.... Either they know I buy something every time (they all recognize me now, I can tell when they change the isles around... etc) or I have found an AZ oddity. Either way I prefer AC Delco but my parts store opens & closes while I'm in work...

~KJ/TLGM

Reply to
KJ