Does Lexus pick your car up from home for service?

The dealer claimed that they will do that for free, and give you a service loaner at your house.
Anyone ever use this service, and what did you (or would you) tip the guy
dropping off the car?

You may tip the porter any amount you choose. My point being is that the porter is not expecting a tip and will not be upset w/you if you do not tip. However, tipping the porter is customary and of course the polite thing to do. Bear in mind they are already being paid by the hour by the dealership. As for judging "how much" I would say $20 bux.
The service loaner is customarily available only to new purchasers. This is not a universal restriction, but is the most common. They're never tell you, "no." They'll merely apologize and tell you that all their loaners are already in use. Loaners are usually not available for body shop work unless it's a warranty repair. Your car insurance should cover the rental car for accident repair.
wdg@[206.180.145.133] (New Owner) wrote:

This is meaningless. It doesn't say anything.
What determines who gets a service loaner and who doesn't?

Sure it does. You just don't understand the point.

The dealer who sold you the car will pick up and deliver your car whenever you need service, routine or otherwise, and will drop off a free loaner. This special service is ONLY available from the dealer that you bought the car from.
Got it now, Mr. Nasty?
But it isn't free in that you say one should pay the driver $20 for this?

this?
Two points you missed:
1. I never said anything about that.
2. Another poster (New Owner) said that, although the driver "is not expecting a tip and will not be upset w/you if you do not tip", he likes to tip.
writes:

It's simply a matter of courtesy. It's a gratuity, same as you'd tip your barber/stylist or the kid who delivers your pizza or the valet parking attendant or the waiter in a fine restaurant.
However, understand that your fine new Lexus automobile is just a bit more than a pizza. Do as you wish, God knows the world is full of cheapskates and tightwads who make their living cheating others. You may think it's funny, except when you look around you're the only one laughing. In case you still haven't figured it out, people aren't impressed by stinginess and lose respect for you because you never once fail to demonstrate that you are a complete asshole who has no respect for others nor the things others do for you.
Yes, damnit, the guy or gal who brings the loaner to you and picks up your car *is* being paid by his/her employer, but that shouldn't mean that you can't show a little appreciation. At least he/she has a job and isn't begging for handouts. A $20 gratuity is absolutely fair and reasonable. If it was me delivering your car back to a tightass like you I'd make sure I farted in it, hauled some of my hoodlum friends around in it, screwed my girlfriend in the back seat and hot-rodded the piss out of it. Stupid sonuvabitches like you shouldn't be allowed to have fine things.
"A $20 gratuity is absolutely fair and reasonable."
My god, where are you from? Did you inherit all of your money? Let me tell you, its your money, but I absolutely will not give out that amount. Call me whatever you want to call.

I was about to say you must be Jewish, but come to think of it all of my Jewish friends are fair tippers. I never inherited a penny, nor am I in line to. I get up at 4AM five days a week and work for a living. I know the value of a dollar. But I am also humble and like to show a *reasonable* token of my appreciation when anyone does a personal service for me. With gasoline close to $2/gallon it doesn't bother me to tip the pizza kid $5, after all it's his car, his gas and his insurance. Once again, he HAS a job. He could be out selling dope on a street corner. Encourage the kid! I also tip waiters & waitresses 15% of the cost of the meal unless the service is poor, in which case I leave them a dime. That's to let them know that the service was poor rather than leave them with the mistaken impression that I didn't forget to tip.
Let me guess, you're not a church-goer or if you are you probably don't tithe or put anything in the collection basket. You probably also don't contribute to the Red Cross or The United Way, or The American Humane Assn., but cheat on your taxes.
Is it really going to gnaw at every fiber of your being for giving the porter a lousy 20 bux? It isn't 1960 anymore.
The problem today in our world is a lot of people got paid disproportionally to what they really worth. A lousy 20 bux? I feel so freightened!

The point I was trying to make is that if you cannot afford to tip someone an appropriate amount, how in creation did you ever manage to buy a Lexus? Of course maybe I'm assuming facts not in evidence. Let's ask, do you even own a Lexus or are you just posting in the Lexus newsgroup as a troll?
""The point I was trying to make is that if you cannot afford to tip someone an appropriate amount, how in creation did you ever manage to buy a Lexus? Of course maybe I'm assuming facts not in evidence. Let's ask, do you even own a Lexus or are you just posting in the Lexus newsgroup as a troll?""
You really crack me up.
I see, kid, you are so proud to be a lexus owner. Great. Congratulations. You finally catch up. Lexus has been around since 1989 in the USA.
In my honest opinion, any person who need to wake up at 4:00 am to work, does not deserve driving a car such as Lexus- no matter who is actually paying for the car you are driving.
If you need to be an early bird all the time to make a living, and at the same time feel so obligated to tip a guy with a $20 bill, do think about it maybe twice.
Can "afford" or not really depends on your own definition. Enjoy. You are your own boss. So, is this still a "troll", Kid?

Well, you're right about one thing, I am my own boss. Today I have my own business and subscribe to the theory that no one gives a shit more about my business than me, so I put forth the extra effort.
By the way, the Lexus is my wife's car. She is a homemaker who raised our children and who I'm proud to say was always there at home for the kids when they were growing up. Today she contributes her time by doing volunteer work at one of the area hospitals.
A 15% tip on a meal is a lousy tip from where I am from, Mr Anti-Semite Big Tipper!
20% is standard-- more if better service-- and I am not talking about cheapo places- The average dinner bill for 2 where I am is $100-120. So I am absolutely not averse to tipping-- But I think it is ridiculous to tip $20 for a delivery that is free-

Exactly. I only give my money to National Audubon Society, World Wildlife Foundation, and Sierra Club. There is no reason to help those who have more than 2 kids in a family while the parents can not even feed themselves. I guess you give a lot money to the Sourth Asia Tsunami Relief Fund, so they can cut more trees and totally eliminates the wildlife over there.
writes:

$5 is okay for a pizza guy, 15% is a little light, should be 20%. Leaving a dime is cheap, even for bad service, 5-7% for bad service. $10 bucks for a porter is adequate, better yet drive the car in and get the loaner yourself.
BTW, the battery on my wife's Lexus ran down overnight, the dealer send a tech with a new battery and installed it free. My wife tried to tip him and he refused the tip. I believe he said it was against the dealer's rules.

wdg@[206.180.145.133] (New Owner) wrote:

Do you tip your copier service guy? Why not?
Go argue with yourself, you nasty bastard.
(New Owner) wrote:

this?
your
parking

Oh, you're a top poster.
I asked a simple question. By your rude response, my guess is that you don't tip your copier service guy, for example.
But you can't explain why. And you can't explain why the copier service guy, for example, is any different than the guy who picks up and drops off your Lexus. They both get paid a wage, and they're both performing a service.
But you insist on tipping the guy who picks up and drops off your car, while you insist on NOT tipping the other guy.
Hypocrite.
(New Owner) wrote:

for
tip
you
service
performing
I hope you are enjoying arguing with yourself. Please leave the rest of us out of it, thank you very much.
BTW, I never commented on the wisdom of tipping anyone. Can you say "reading comprehension?"

Site Timeline