Anti-freeze in the oil

I have a 97 Chevy Astro van that the water pump went out in it. It got hot when the pump went out. I replaced the pump. Drove it about 20 mi. when it started to have a lot of white exhaust. I drained the oil. It has antifreeze in the oil. Could the heads warped when it got hot?

Kevin

Reply to
BR

Absolutely. They could have warped, or even cracked. I don't know enough about the 4.3 to know which is more likely tho.

CJ

Reply to
CJBrown

Try

Drooler

If it overheated you likely warped a head or cracked one. Don't drive it until it's fixed as the a/f in the oil will really cook your bearings.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

In my 88 Monte Carlo 4.3 I had Oil in my radiator :) I guess its common for those engines.

Reply to
Plainsman

Uh, it most certainly is NOT normal.

Doc