availability of 4L60E speed sensor o-ring

I've got a 93 c1500 with the 4L60E.

The VSS seal is leaking and I can't find anyone who sells the replacement o-rings without buying a new $30 sensor.

Does anyone know of a transmission parts supplier that sells just the o-ring? like ATF or one of those kit suppliers?

I'm sure the o-ring is in a rebuild kit....should be available alone...wouldn't you think?

Any clues, links, vendors, or part numbers would be appreciated.

skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Any good hardware store will have all kinds of "O" rings.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Good idea...but I was trying to have a replacement before I took the VSS out so I'd need to know the dimensions. Further, this ring is one of those with a large circle diameter and a thin thickness ....not common in a hardware store. I've seen the build an o-ring kits before but I'd rather just find the right o-ring.

here is what the VSS looks like

http://198.208.187.182/internet/PartImage.jsp?&acpartnbr=213-194

Reply to
News Skimmer

I doubt you will find an o-ring to fit that at a hardware store.

I would try a couple trans shops first. It would be helpful to have the VSS in hand when you went to any trans shop since they probably have a box of leftovers to sort through. You may have to bit the bullet. $30 is not the end of the world.

James

Reply to
James1549