Avalanche

anyone own one or any ideas vs a Silverado ?

Reply to
mc mc

Well, I'd have to say I prefer the Silverado, since it's not ugly as hell.........

Reply to
kimmell

The Av's without the body hardware look the same as a silverado.

Av, shorter wheelbase but shorter bed and you give up the back seats to get a slightly longer bed. Silverado, longer wheelbase so it may be harder to park but always have the bed.

So neither is better, both have advantages and disadvantages

Reply to
Eugene Nine

I have some insight as I have owned/own both. I recently bought an 2002 Avalanche, and gave my '91 Silverado to my Dad.

I loved the Silverado, it was a 4WD, got it at about 80,000 miles, and let it go at 170,000+. That thing was a workhorse, got tons of use out of it, hauling brush, loads of dirt, etc. I had the thing so loaded with dirt once, the front tires could barely steer the thing. Didn't use the 4WD much, as here in Kansas we don't get much snow. Anyway, I loved it, but like Eugene said, it was hard as hell to park, and manuever in small spaces like parking lots, etc. Only thing I ever did to it was normal maintenance/replacements....alternator, shocks, radiator, etc. It has a big engine compartment and pretty easy to work on. Good, reliable vehicle. That's why I kept it in the family.

I mainly wanted a 4 door vehicle, but not a Tahoe or Suburban type vehicle (Wife drives a Tahoe). I wanted something with room for my growing kids, and I don't do as much hauling now, but I still could if I needed too (furniture, etc, not dirt).

Now for the Avalanche....I wish I would've bought >

Reply to
gl

I didn't say that, its sometimes a little hard due to the length but not terrible

Actually its the same size as a regular truck, the front hald is exactly the same as a Silverado.

Reply to
Eugene Nine