ok 92 Chevy lumina..... Help

ok i feel so stupid asking this but please help me. im only 19 year old female and dont know shit please help me. i need o learn how to change the spark plugs in my mini van a 92 chevy Lumina Apv. i have been looking on the internet on how to do these things and i dont have a manual in my car so if u could help me on this i would apreciate it thank u Heathera

Reply to
Heathera

If you "don't know shit" you're in way over your head with no hope of ever reaching the surface. Changing spark plugs on a Lumina isn't easy, simple, or fun, especially 14-year-old spark plugs that have probably never been out of the engine.

Most of them are probably rusted in permanently. The three on the back are impossible to reach without practically removing the engine from the car.

Once you get around those two issues, it's all a matter of having the right wrenches and, "rightey-tightey, lefty-loosey."

This is definitely not something a naive young girl with absolutely no mechanical ability or knowledge can tackle cold turkey. Now, if you grew up turning wrenches on the old family car with daddy, then that's a different story, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

My suggestion is to either bite the bullet and pay to have it done, or find a mechanic to date.

HOWEVER, if you're doing this to cure an engine problem, you're probably wasting your time.

Reply to
mkirsch1