Battery discharge in 92 ck pickup

Battery slowly goes dead in my 92 full-size. I don't drive it that often, gas ^ $$$$, that probably doesn't help. Isn't there a trick with a multimeter to where I can check if the battery is draining? Guess I'd have to pull the light bulb out of the hood before I checked. TIA dino

Reply to
dino

Just disconnect one of the battery leads and hook the meter in the line. Set the meter to a high current setting. After hooking it up wait a minute for the current to settle. It should be much less than one ampere. Yes you must pull the lightbulb.

You may need to get a small charger and hook it up occasionally. All batteries naturally discharge over periods of time.

Reply to
someone