battery drain 92 suburban

Our 1992 suburban keeps ending up with a dead battery. I had the battey tested, they said it was fine, then I took the complete truck to an O'reiley's and they said the alternator was bad. It was still under warranty, so I replaced it. However, the battery is still being drained by morning.

I have heard of using a test light and pulling out fuses to find what circuit the short is in, but I can't find any specifics on this or any other method. What do I need? Can I just use a spare auto bulb, solder some wire to it and hook it up or not? Something I read said unhook the negative battery cable and wire it in series, something else said unhook the positive cable, hook one end of the light to the + on the battery, the other to the + cable and the light should glow, then when the correct fuse is out, it will go dim.

Which method is correct? Can a volt meter be used??

Thanks!!

Reply to
MASTER Brian