Bleeding 84 c-10 brakes

Well, anyone following my brake saga today, I got the flexible lines off. The secret for those that care is that there is a nut back behind the frame you need to take off. Mine was covered in grime and I could not see it.

Anyway, Now I need to know how to bleed the brakes. I can't seem to get the pedal to pump up. I assume it's like most cars, firthest away from the MC to the closest.

Are there any tricks?

Also, the MC has two reservoirs, a front one that is larger and a smaller one in the rear. Are they separate reservoirs for the front and the back?

Thanks

Jason

Reply to
chump

Another question. I read that on some chevy brakes there is a metering valve you have to open on the brake proportioning valve. Is this necessary on a c-10?

Thanks

Reply to
chump

REPLY INLINE

Bleeding 84 c-10 brakes Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sat, Feb 14, 2004, 5:09am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (chump) Well, anyone following my brake saga today, I got the flexible lines off. The secret for those that care is that there is a nut back behind the frame you need to take off. Mine was covered in grime and I could not see it. (yep could be a problem) Anyway, Now I need to know how to bleed the brakes. I can't seem to get the pedal to pump up. (ya sure you system is sealed ? it should even with air in the lines pump up unless it is not sealed and more air is getting in)

I assume it's like most cars, firthest away from the MC to the closest. ( this is true)

Are there any tricks? (nope)

Also, the MC has two reservoirs, a front one that is larger and a smaller one in the rear. Are they separate reservoirs for the front and the back? (yep)

Thanks Jason \ (no problem) Steve C

Reply to
S C

no just pump them untill they get hard then yell at the guy in the back to crack the bleeder ...When the peddle hits the floor he if knowing will close the bleeder ...repete the process untill the air is all out checking from time to time that there is fluid in the res....If you cant get it to ump up you may have a air leak somewhere a bad booster or master cylinder or fluid spraying out from some where Steve C Re: Bleeding 84 c-10 brakes Group: alt.trucks.chevy Date: Sat, Feb 14, 2004, 5:36am (CST+6) From: snipped-for-privacy@pobox.com (chump) Another question. I read that on some chevy brakes there is a metering valve you have to open on the brake proportioning valve. Is this necessary on a c-10? Thanks

Reply to
S C