busted heater hose connector

My quick connect heater hose connector on my 93 4.3z engine was leaking so I messed with it and the internal plastic liner cracked...so I went to take the fitting off and the whole thing cracked off leaving a 1/2" deap threaded ring in the aluminum manifold.

Q: what is the best way to get this piece out? with an ez out? Do I even stand a chance for success here?

Here is the piece I'm talking about.

News Skimmer

Take a fine tooth hacksaw blade and cut through the ring in about 3 places. DON"T cut all the way through. Just through til you hit the tops of the threads, should show up due to the sealant used on the fitting. Now use a small punch and hammer to break the sections out of the threads.

Install the new one with some good pipe dope, after cleaning all the old crap out of the threads.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks.

Will one of these work?

News Skimmer

Not really. The problem is the piece that's left is thin and easy to deform. It also has sealant holding it in place. That style extractor will force it tighter into the intake.

Gently cutting until you get to the threads and tapping out the pieces is faster, easier and works better.

Reply to
Steve W.