checked the alternator "re: speedo&odometer"

my 1994 chevy half ton two wheel drive with a 350 4 speed automatic trans has a broken odometer . heres the symptoms help me find the problem . all of a sudden my speed gauge starts to read 60 km when its in gear and stopped plus the odometer keeps adding km eventhough the truck is not moving even when its in neutral. when im movingbthe speed gauge has the needle pined to the max and the km piling up " wouldnt be so bad if they were coming off but there going on" and the cruise control cant seem to find the right speed i guess its getting conflicting information but the tach works perfect and so do the other gauges

i took the belt off the engine and started it with the belt of the odometer and the speedo both are still not functioning properly " turcks in park odometer is putting on miles and the speedo reads 100 km to 60 km, whats wrong the other gages work fine this problem just happened like 3 days ago . and i havent yet looked under the truck is there anywhere on line i could get a book onthe truck ?? thats for free now i bought a hanyes or chilton but it doesnt go into detail " to many trucks to cover in on book hay "

Reply to
tk_b

disconnect the sender at the transmission and short the two wires together at the plug

see if it still does it

if it does: wiring is open between plug and ECM and picking up crap, or ECM is flakey

if it doesn't, replace the sender

Reply to
TranSurgeon