What tranny do I have?

Guys, I am looking to find out what trans exactly is supposed to be in my truck.....95 GMC 5.7L w/ 4 spd Auto w/OD....2WD.....700R4 or 460LE? I had a trans problem which was fixed under warranty just before warr expired, they had to replace the tranny case, and I'm seeing now that the dust cover doesn't seem to fit right, and I'm wondering what they did to my truck. What are the glovebox codes for these trans'? Any help appreciated, Ed

Reply to
Ed White

half ton or not ?

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Yes Trans, can't believe I forgot that bit, 1/2 ton C1500 ext cab......thanks, Ed

Reply to
Ed White

umm... doesn't matter, those tranny's are the same thing. TH700R4 is the old name for it. ever since starting a systematic way to identify their tranny's GM renamed them all. 700R4 is now 4L60E 4 for four speed. L for longitudanal (meaning rear wheel drive) 60 is their rating out of 100 i believe regarding how tough it is. E for well, electronic. if he had a

Reply to
Motorbret

nope

1/2 ton had 4L60E

3/4 and one-ton had 4L80E

4L80E was not exclusive to Diesels

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Thanks guys! Ed

Reply to
Ed White

my 1994 chevy half ton two wheel drive with a 350 4 speed automatic trans has a broken odometer . heres the symptoms help me find the problem . all of a sudden my speed gauge starts to read 60 km when its in gear and stopped plus the odometer keeps adding km eventhough the truck is not moving even when its in neutral. when im movingbthe speed gauge has the needle pined to the max and the km piling up " wouldnt be so bad if they were coming off but there going on" and the cruise control cant seem to find the right speed i guess its getting conflicting information but the tach works perfect and so do the other gauges

Reply to
tk_b

didn't you already post this under a different heading ??????

Reply to
TranSurgeon