1985 s15 will not start

i have a 1985 s-15 with a 2.8l carb e2se it ran when i parked it 2 weeks a go when it was about 50f now it is about 30f the temp was and it will not start i checked the fuel pump the gas and gas is geting to the carb because i can prime the carb and it is geting spark so i do not no what it could be??

Reply to
spider7

If you have spark, and can prime it, but it will not run, than either valves are not moving (cam), or your exhaust is blocked.

But still need to know more than 'will not start'.

Reply to
Bill

What happens when you let it sit for a couple hours then shoot some starting fluid down the carb?

Reply to
Meat Plow

it will try to start with a shoot of eather for about 2 seconds then die the same when i first try to start it

Reply to
spider7

Then the carb isn't providing the necessary fuel mixture needed to start. How's the choke working? Is it shut?

Reply to
Meat Plow

I thought an 85 had TBI? Mine did??

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I don't know but you thing the OP would??? He said carb in his original post. Maybe he's mistaken.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Many of the newbies asking questions in these ng's have no business raising the hood on a vehicle let alone attempting to repair them.

Have any of you ever watched someone trying to thread a 1/4-20 nut on a 1/4-20 screw for 15 minutes before giving up? That's the caliber of many of them. I had one guy I know mess about trying to put a new anti- siphon valve in his toilet at home and he bothered me for 2 weeks on the phone before he got it working. Even then it leaked both on the floor and internally.

How do we know whether to help some newbie or not? By what the questions are and how they ask their questions.

I'm waiting for "I accidentally hooked up the battery backwards. What do I have to do now?"

You just can't help some people, no matter how hard you try. The best you can do is to try to enjoy them.

Reply to
nonsense

I suppose you came out of the womb with ASE master certs and a host of others as well.

As for Big Al, yours must of been a 2.5lt 4 banger in yours cause thats the only engine that year in an S series that fuel injection. There were four engine options that year, a 1.9 over head cam gasser a 2.2lt 4 banger Isuzu diesel, the 2.5 iron duke with throttle body fuel injection and the 2.8 V-6 with a 2bbl carb for the pickj ups, the Blazer and Jimmie got ether the iron duke w/throttle body, or 2.8 with a carb. 1986 was the year carbs went away on the S-series.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

....and then there are those who are just pompous asses.

Reply to
sticks

I take it you were Never a NEWBEE, Just A KNOW-IT-ALL all your life.

Reply to
tom

Also if it were Not for the NEWBEE's This Newsgroup would Not Be needed

I guess this Newsgroup Was Created so The Non NEWBEE's Can Show off .

Reply to
tom

yeah it is a 2.8l with a Rochester Varajet E2SE electronic choke which i think might be the problem

Reply to
spider7

You useless incompetant old man

Reply to
Battleax

Have someone crank it while you hold the choke shut. Should start if that's the problem.

Have a look here maybe you'll find something useful.

Good luck

Reply to
Meat Plow

Mine was a 2.5L with a 700R4 and 4.11 gears.

Al

Reply to
Big Al