Chevy Express 1500 5.0

Any ideas on how to squeeze some additional mileage and performance from my 2002 Express conversion van? It has the 5.0l, and I'm just looking for a little more performance in acceleration especially. It's been mostly garaged and used only for long highway trips, but I have started to drive it on a daily basis and it's lack of zeal around town is driving me a bit crazy.

Thanks,

Jeff

Reply to
johnsonjj

The quickest and most effective way to get more power is to open up the exhaust system. Assuming it's single exhaust now, putting a dual exhaust system on it with slightly louder mufflers will likely get you around 20 more hp. There are no other easy, relatively inexpensive, tweaks.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Opening up the exhaust will help once its rolling, but will hurt the bottom end torque, which is what he is looking for.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning