Chevy van, tr.code35. See if you can solve this 1

I have a 93 Chevy van with 97000 miles and a 5 liter engine. Recently the check engine light came on with trouble code 35: "Idle Air control system".
I replaced the valve, reset the computer and the same code comes on again (usually when pulling over and idling after driving on the highway). I am stumped. Can anyone figure out what the problem could be? I checked the vehicle speed sensor and it's fine. One possible clue is that the cruise control also stopped working. Also, the engine always surges for a while before idling at the proper speed (like when braking for a red light). These two clues may be completely unrelated. Any help is very much appreciated. Karo: m snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Vacuum leak can cause both problems. Look around the TBI unit for a split vac. line or one that fell off. Also look at the lines that run up to the cruise unit since one of those could also be the culprit.
--
Steve Williams

"Narli" <m snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Is this a Throttle body engine or the vortec engine ? have seen where the egr valve get dirty under the pintle and keeps it open a weee bit , cause slight rough idle and surging ....mostly on the votec engine , also a vacuum leak can cause it too....might have to hook it up to a scan tool http://www.syty.org/old/d&e-code35.html