Help with Error Code 11, '96 dodge van

Hello,

I have a 1996 Dodge B2500 Conversion van with 5.9 liter. This engine was replaced with a rebuild in the summer of 2004 after slipping a rod bearing. I done a complete tuneup on it about a month ago (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, & coil). I was hoping this would solve the Code 11 problem.

I use the van to tow a camper. This check engine light problem only comes on after the van is warm, under load of the camper, overdrive off, and high RPMs when pulling up a hill. I notice no change in engine power or performance. A search on the Internet indicates that a code 11 either is not normally recorded or will cause the engine to die. The engine has never died. Normally the check engine light goes away after the engine has been off over night.

Any ideas?

Thank you, Fred

Reply to
Frederick Wilson

You sure it is a code 11? that's a distributor reference signal if im not mistaken and normally when you get that its a no start condition or cutting off while driving, recheck the count

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I will check again but I've checked it four times at two different occurrences and it was 11.

Thanks, Fred

Reply to
Frederick Wilson

Reply to
tim bur

Been awhile since I worked for Dodge but if I'm not mistaken that would give you a drivability problem, loss of power and possibly severe pinging, I thoought the OP said no other problems noted????

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
tim bur

I used to use the volt meter to index the distributor on those trucks.....Im sure it all depends on what state you live in with that overtime thing and not by hours turned but how many clock hrs. I thought about going independent but Im still doing pretty good where I work. Chrysler and Im sure the other manufactures are going to be hurting in a few more years with the way they are paying warranty., they cant keep the technicians in the shop becuase of that. The bad thing is, it will start to funnel down to repairs and then the customers, its going to be a joke The dealer cant find anyone any techs now, we are about 6 short

Reply to
maxpower

trucks.....Im

Well we know the obvious answer to that - the dealers are going to have to do more out-of-warranty repair work.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt