Codes on my laptop or PDA?

I have a 1988 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup and I would like to monitor the ECM data through the diagnostic connector while the engine is running. I understand there are expensive electronic tools to do this, but I was wondering if there is cabling and software available so that I can do this with a laptop or PDA? Where can I get more info on the net? I'm very computer literate, just not as they relate to cars.

Thanks! Dan

Reply to
Dan

============================ I just researched this same thing.....The cabling and software are just as expensive as the scan tools. Also, being that your truck is OBD 1, there are very limited choices for the software. Being that I was looking for something that did OBD1 and 2, you might have better luck. Just search for "OBD1 software" in Google you should find some stuff.

Reply to
Scott M

Check out e-bay. There's tons of them on there.

Randy

Reply to
RDM