Disable 2003 GMC Door Open Beeper

I have a new 2003 GMC pickup. It features a warning beeper that sounds when the door is opened and the key is in the ignition. This beeper plays through the stereo speakers in the door. I want to disable it because I use the truck to patrol my farm while hunting for varmints. I'd like to be able to open the door without drawing the immediate attention of the coyotes, but also without having to remove the keys. How could this be accomplished?

Thanks

Reply to
Harrison

Bobo

There is a single wire you can pull out of a connector block under the steering colum, that'll disable the towns church bells from ringing anytime you put your hand on the seatbelt or "think" about opening the door...

But there are side effects...

Something to do with the memory function with the inserting of the key (instead of the use of the fob or vise versa). Something with OnStar possibly not being able to unlock the door with their magic... and 'maybe' something else I can't think of right now.

I can dig up the info if you want?

-marc '04 SS

Reply to
Marc Westerlind